Camper Update: Demo

Our camper refurbishment job is moving along at a snail’s pace but at this point (with all the projects on our to-do list) I’m happy with any forward progress I can get. The demo phase of the renovation went rather quickly. We did find significant damage from water leaks which is what we’re working on repairing now.
 photo 2016-01-12 01.44.30 1_zps3jt3f68c.jpg

 photo 2016-01-12 01.44.27 1_zpsag6w1ufb.jpg

 photo 2016-01-12 01.44.26 1_zps4mcjbios.jpg

 photo 2016-01-12 01.51.47 2_zpsjvpivxze.jpg

 photo 2016-01-12 01.44.25 1_zpsbvqako4v.jpg

 photo 2016-01-12 01.44.18 1_zpsqtenw1hb.jpg

Most of the water damage was found in the bathroom area. The roof, window, and some of the plumbing was leaking there which caused a lot of the structure to rot. Pretty gross. The floor also had some damage from water leakage. The last picture shows the rear-most section of the plywood subfloor which we removed because the damage was pretty severe.

Our general plan of attack has been to remove, repair, and replace. We’ve removed the old paneling, cabinetry, floor, and ceiling. We are currently repairing any rotten/damaged bones of the camper. Our next step is to replace the electrical systems, insulation, plumbing, paneling, cabinetry, and upholstery.

For now, the camper looks like this, waiting on the next phase of the plan.

 photo 2016-01-12 02.10.07 1_zpsodgeng65.jpg

 photo 2016-01-12 02.10.10 1_zpszc5cefuu.jpg

 photo 2016-01-12 02.10.12 1_zpsxuwx6zbg.jpg

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s